It’s that time of year again. Samsung has announced three new phones in its flagship Galaxy S series, my personal favorite line of smart phones. They’re called the Galaxy S24 Ultra, Galaxy 24+, and the Galaxy S24. As always, fans of Samsung Galaxy phones are looking to learn everything we can about their features, prices, and of course, whether or not there are any good deals out there. In this article, I’ll answer some of the biggest questions you might have, and I can even let you in on how you might be able to get the new Galaxy S24 on AT&T.1
The best (or my favorite) Samsung AI features on the Galaxy S24
Some of the most exciting new features on this phone involve Galaxy AI2 technology. Here are a few that I’m most excited to try for myself:
Note Assist: Capture the details in your notes and let Note Assist3 do the hard work of summarizing, formatting, and even translating it for you. From information overload to epic summary, just like that.
Circle to search with Google. Here’s another impressive AI feature. If you’re curious about something in your surroundings, you can use your phone’s camera to select items, circle them in your viewport, and then get information about them based on the image.4
Live translate. I didn’t think I would live to see this sort of technology outside of science fiction, but here we are. This new feature can translate a call in real-time, to help break down language barriers and connect people across cultures. It’s a must-have for any world traveler.
What are the specs of the Samsung Galaxy S24?
Here are some of the cool hardware specs that you can look forward to for the Samsung Galaxy S24:
Rear Camera: 50 MP wide angle lens, 10 MP telephoto lens, 12 MP ultra-wide angle lens.
Front Camera: 12MP
Display: 6.2” Dynamic AMOLED 2x,5 120Hz refresh, Corning Gorilla Glass
Processor: Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 Mobile Platform6
Battery: 4,000 mAh7
Connectivity: 5G+, 5G8
How the Galaxy S24 is better than the Galaxy S23
There are plenty of improvements in the latest version, including many of the new features like Live Translate and Circle to Search with Google, but also hardware improvements, such as a faster processor, higher resolution cameras, a brighter display, and more.
To see a detailed comparison of the two phones, as well as comparisons between the three new devices in the Galaxy S24 series, you might want to use this free comparison tool from AT&T.
A look at Galaxy S24 color options
This device will be available in Onyx Black, Marble Gray, Cobalt Violet and Amber Yellow.
Why choose the AT&T network?
While this phone is 5G and 5G+ capable, you also won’t be able to take full advantage of that unless you also have a wireless plan with 5G access and you’re in a 5G coverage area. The good news is that every available AT&T Unlimited plan includes access to 5G service. Check to see if AT&T 5G service is available in your area. (AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy).
How you can get the new Samsung Galaxy S24 for free from AT&T
Both new and existing AT&T customers can get this phone for free, as long as they trade in any galaxy phone, in any conditions—so, even if you have an old, beaten-up Galaxy phone, you should be able to bring that to AT&T and get the latest and greatest.
This article is AT&T sponsored content written by Matt Johnsen, a TechBuzz contributor and AT&T employee. The statements in this article are his own and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of AT&T.
1.Limited Time. Req’s trade-in of eligible device and elig. unlimited plan (speed restr’s apply). Price after up to $800 in credits over 36 mos. Other terms apply.
2. Samsung does not make any promises, assurances or guarantees as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the output provided by AI features. Samsung Account login may be required to use certain Samsung AI features.
3. Requires Samsung account log-in and internet connection.
4. Results may vary depending on visual matches. Requires internet connection. Users may need to update Android to the latest version. Product functionality may be dependent on your app and device settings. Some functions may not be compatible with certain apps. Availability of the service varies by country and language. Accuracy of results is not guaranteed.
5. Measured diagonally, Galaxy S24’s screen size is 6.2-inch in the full rectangle and 6.0-inch with accounting for the rounded corners, Galaxy S24+’s screen size is 6.7-inch in the full rectangle and 6.5-inch with accounting for the rounded corners; actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners and camera hole.
6. Snapdragon branded products are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
7. Typical value tested under third-party laboratory condition. Typical value is the estimated average value considering the deviation in battery capacity among the battery samples tested under IEC 61960 standard. Rated (minimum) capacity is 3,880mAh for Galaxy S24 and 4,755mAh for Galaxy S24+. Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns and other factors.
8. 5G services are only supported in 5G network enabled locations. Requires optimal 5G connection. Actual speed may vary depending on market, carrier, and user environment.