Find the right cell phone plan for your budget
This year’s most popular New Year’s resolution was to hit the gym. While we can’t help you with that, we can help with the second most popular resolution – to save money and get out of debt. What is the best way to save money?
We’ve all heard the age-old advice to make your own coffee and eat lunch at home, but sometimes managing your monthly fixed costs can lay the foundation for a better budget and help free up money for the fun stuff! In this article, I’ll outline how to save money on your wireless service.
Find ways to pay less for cell phone service
Below are some easy steps to save on your monthly bill without sacrificing great service.
- Shop for a cheaper cell phone plan. AT&T offers a variety of postpaid cell phone plans to fit your needs. If finding a cheap cell phone plan is your goal, consider an AT&T PREPAID phone plan. It’s a great flexible option with no credit check required. You can save even more if you sign up for a multi-month AT&T PREPAID plan.
- Sign up for AutoPay. The monthly discount you will receive for enrolling in AutoPay varies by plan, but it can save you money on both postpaid and prepaid. Just remember, with AT&T postpaid plans, you’ll also need to sign up for paperless billing if you want to get the discount.
- Shop for cell phone plans with extra features. Once you decide how much data you need and whether you would like a postpaid or prepaid plan, you should consider which features you would like included in your plan. Do you need a mobile hotspot? Do you plan to use your cell phone when travelling internationally?
- Add your family to your plan. On a postpaid line, you can pick the perfect unlimited plan for each family member with Unlimited Your Way (AT&T may temporary slow data speeds if the network busy). With a prepaid plan, you can add more lines and get more savings with a family plan.
- Get additional discounts. You may be eligible for a discounted cell phone plan. For example, check out AT&T’s offers for military and veteran families, first responders, teachers, and nurses and physicians.
- Skip the activation fees: If you sign up online for AT&T PREPAID, there is no activation fee.
Upgrade your cell phone for less
It does not always fit your budget to upgrade your cell phone when your favorite new devices are released, but there are great deals available now on phones activated on or used with an AT&T postpaid wireless plan and phones activated on or used with an AT&T PREPAID plan. With potential tax refunds just around the corner, it may be the ideal time to invest in a new device! Of course, if you have a phone you like, you can always bring your own device as an AT&T postpaid wireless or AT&T PREPAID customer.
Spend less and get more this year
Now that you know all the best tips and tricks to save on your cell phone service and mobile device as an AT&T customer, it’s time to grab a latte and start shopping!
This article is AT&T sponsored content written by Katherine Wrobleski, a TechBuzz contributor and AT&T employee. The statements in this article are her own and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of AT&T.