There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all gift idea. That’s why finding the perfect gift requires careful thought about a loved one’s interests, tastes, and hobbies.
The options are pretty much endless, but to get you started, I’ve put together some suggestions based on a few interests your loved ones might have. Here’s what I came up with.
Best smart home gift ideas
If you know someone who might be interested in building a smart home, here are a few gift ideas that you might want to consider.
- Voice assistant devices. In my opinion, one of the core pieces of a smart home is some type of voice assistant device. When you connect one of these devices to other smart devices, you can speak with your virtual assistant to control various things throughout the network. There are a lot of great products like this, but if your loved one has already started a smart home, you’ll want to know which software platform they are using, because different platforms will not always work together well. Depending on your loved ones’ brand preferences, they might want to consider this model or this model.
- Smart thermostat. Smart thermostats like this one can help you do things like control a home’s temperature from a smart phone and track your energy usage. Some models will even learn the user’s preferences over time. Once again, if your loved one already has a few other connected devices, it’s worth checking to make sure any new products you buy will be compatible.
Best gifts for gamers
Whether you personally enjoy it or not, it’s hard to deny that gaming is a very popular hobby these days. If you’re looking for a holiday gift for a gamer in your life, here a few suggestions.
- Gaming headset. Online gaming sometimes requires keeping in close communication with teammates. That’s why it can be nice for gamers to have a decent headset. You can find a few options in the gaming section of the AT&T accessories store.
- Mobile controller. It’s important to note that there are many different types of gamers. If you know someone who loves playing mobile phone games or games on their computer, they might be interested in having a controller to make things a bit easier. This can provide some of the feel of console gaming, which can be nice for some titles. Just like with headsets, there are multiple options available in the gaming section of the AT&T online store.
Best gifts for social media creators
Some people have a natural talent for making online content—whether it’s making funny videos, recording podcasts, or taking amazing selfies. If you’re shopping for someone like this, here are a couple of suggestions.
- Computer microphones: For things like recording a podcast or running live streams it’s nice to have a microphone besides the built-in one on a laptop. If you think your loved one might be interested, you may want to take a look at this section of the AT&T store. There are a few options there. Just make sure a microphone is compatible with your loved one’s computer before you make a purchase.
- Phone camera studio light. Some people love making video content for social media. One nice accessory for this is a circular light. It can help get the lighting right for shooting videos on a smartphone. There are a few of these products out there, but here is one good option available online.
Best gifts for travelers
Is there an adventurous jetsetter in your life? I think we all have that one friend or family member that is always making us jealous with stories of their latest trips. If you’re looking for something special for this type of person, here are a few gifts that you might want to consider.
- Noise cancelling headphones. Planes, airports, trains, and buses can all be noisy places. Having a high-quality set of noise cancelling headphones can be a really comfortable way to drown out that noise and make trips more enjoyable.
- Travel power kit. If you know someone who is always going abroad, you might want to look into getting them a travel power kit like this one. Different countries may have different types of wall outlets, so a lot of times the chargers from back home won’t work like they usually do. A power kit can help them stay connected while they’re abroad.
Best gifts for fitness fans
We also all seem to have that friend or family member who is always going to the gym and playing sports. Some people just love breaking a sweat and staying in good shape.
- Smart watch: A nice smart watch like this one* can be great for things like tracking your health vitals, staying connected while hands-free, staying accountable with a fitness routine, and many other things that the gym lover in your life might find useful. *Requires a service agreement.
- Wireless earbuds: A nice pair of wireless earbuds like this one can be really great for working out or going for a run. Earbuds are often more comfortable than bulkier headphones, and when you’re on-the-move, it’s nice to have some energizing music playing to keep you motivated.
Best wireless deals from AT&T
If you’re feeling like going all out on a gift, a smart phone or tablet is bound to be a pretty big hit with many people. The good news is that AT&T has great wireless deals for both new and existing customers.
Hopefully you found this list helpful. I think the important part is demonstrating that you’ve thought closely about your loved one’s interests and done your best to pick something that fits their personality.
Best of luck with the rest of your shopping, and I hope your loved one enjoys their gift!
This article is AT&T sponsored content written by Matt Johnsen, a TechBuzz contributor and AT&T employee. The statements in this article are his own and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of AT&T.