AT&T Smart Home Manager1 is a great tool for managing, optimizing, and personalizing your home Wi-Fi experience. In this post, I’ll go over some of its key features.
Manage your home internet
One of the great things about Smart Home Manager is that it can help serve as an overall hub for all of your connected devices. Here are just a few examples of how:
- Easily pause or block unwanted devices2, as well as troubleshoot device issues with a click.
- Check the data usage for all of your devices connected to your network.2
- View and customize your Wi-Fi network name and password, anytime.
- Easily reboot your Wi-Fi Gateway with a tap.
Set parental controls2
Parental controls tend to be an important set of features for families. Here are a few things you can expect to do with Smart Home Manager:
- Create profiles for your family members to schedule downtime and restrict internet access for bedtime or dinner time.
- Set daily screen time limits for each user. This might mean that your kids can’t connect to the internet for more than a couple of hours per day, for example.
- Disable Wi-Fi access for individual users. This might be nice for parents whose kids need to finish homework before they are allowed to get online.
Make the most of your AT&T internet
Smart Home Manager can also help you troubleshoot issues and get the best performance possible from your home internet. Here are a few examples of how:
- Slow internet? Smart Home Manager can test the speed of your gateway and your device.3
- Find the strongest signal to place your gateway by using the built-in augmented reality.1, 3
- Get added support with virtual assistance. The virtual assistant can help you solve issues without calling a call center.1
Enhanced security features with AT&T Internet Security2 in Smart Home Manager
With one tap to enable Internet Security features, AT&T Internet Security with ActiveArmor offers advanced protection to keep your home network secure. Here are a few examples of how:
- Proactive device safety monitoring for stopping internet threats across all your connected devices.3
- Analyzes your home network for security vulnerabilities, provides automatic defense from malicious and at-risk websites.4
- Keep your personal data secure with built-in password strength detection.
Hopefully, this post gave you a better sense of what you can do with this tool. To start using Smart Home Manager, you can download the app from major app stores or login online through your internet browser.
This article is AT&T sponsored content written by Matt Johnsen, a TechBuzz contributor and AT&T employee. The statements in this article are his own and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of AT&T.
1. AT&T Smart Home Manager is available to AT&T Internet service customers with a compatible AT&T Wi-Fi Gateway. Limited to home Wi-Fi network.
2. Available to AT&T Fiber customers and compatible gateway.
3. Security features must be enabled; protects devices connected via Wi-Fi or ethernet. Blocks known threats only.
4. Customer can override blocking; no warnings will be given for overridden sites. Notification of known threats only; customer action required.