Getting the kids ready for a new school year can be stressful and expensive. Fortunately, as soon as Fourth of July sales end, the back-to-school shopping begins. You can find great deals on school supplies, clothing, and technology, if you just know where to look.
Every year, your kids get long lists of supplies to buy for themselves and for the classroom. You can pick up many of the general use items at a dollar store for a fraction of the regular cost. Dollar stores also allow you to stock up on shared items for the classroom. Supplies to look for at the dollar store:
- Ruled filler paper
- Sharpened #2 and colored pencils
- Pink erasers
- Composition books
- Paper towels
- Cleaning wipes
- Hand sanitizers
While you’re there, go ahead and stock up for your home, too.
Whether the kids need the latest fashions or new uniforms, there are lots of different ways to save a buck. Of course, if you have more than one kid, check out the hand-me-down situation before you start shopping. Next, check with the school your kids will be attending. Many of them have uniform exchange programs for gently worn clothing. Before you head out to the store, check out these other money-saving ideas.
- Special sales: Most big box and online stores have summer sales to help you save on your back-to-school shopping. Look for tax-free weekends and Black Friday-type discount days for the biggest savings.
- Membership specials: If you have an online membership or belong to a club store, check out their back-to-school deals.
- Coupons: Many stores offer their best coupons during the holiday seasons, but the next most popular time is right before school starts. Look on store websites, coupon websites, and weekly circulars to find the best coupons.
If you’ve got college, high school, or even middle school kids, tech devices will be part of your school supply list. Now more than ever, kids need computers, cell phones, and accessories to help them have a successful school year.
- Check out buy one, get one (BOGO) offers. BOGOs can be particularly useful when 2 or more kids need new cell phones. Learn how you can get popular phones from top brands at a great price. Add an AT&T shared unlimited plan so they have enough talk, text, and data to last through every semester.
- Make sure they have the right accessories. A good pair of Bluetooth® headphones is almost a college essential these days. If you need chargers, earbuds, or speakers, look for great deals on accessory bundles.
- Add wearable tech. Let your student leave the smartphones behind and still stay connected. A smartwatch sends up-to-date information directly to the wrist.
- Stay connected. These days even homework is online. Make sure you and your kids have easy access to assignments, educational videos, and more with a high-speed internet service.
No matter what you need this school year, you can find amazing back to school deals for every student—including you! It doesn’t matter if your kids go to public or private school, online or homeschool, or you’ve gone back to school yourself. You can get the supplies you need without breaking the bank.
This article is AT&T sponsored content written by Allison Jewel, a TechBuzz contributor and AT&T employee. The statements in this article are her own and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of AT&T.