There are few things more frustrating than getting unwanted calls from people you don’t even know. It’s bad enough when someone interrupts your life to sell you something you don’t want, but it’s far worse to get calls from scammers. For example, some people might call pretending to be authority figures from the government or your bank. It can be an unsettling experience.
Luckily, if you’re an eligible AT&T customer, there is an app available that can help you detect scammers and block them from pestering your family.
What is AT&T Call Protect?
AT&T Call Protect is an app from AT&T designed to help protect eligible AT&T customers from fraud and harassment. It includes all of the following features:
- Helps you take more control over nuisance calls.
- Can detect and block calls from people likely to be fraudsters.
- Helps warn you about telemarketers and other suspected spam calls.
- Lets you add unwanted callers to your personal block list.
How to block calls with AT&T Call Protect
Getting the app
- Download the AT&T Call Protect app from your device’s app store
- Open AT&T Call Protect.
- Enter your wireless number, and select Continue.
- Tap Verify.
- Review details and accept the Terms & Conditions.
Creating your blocked caller list
- Open the app and tap Block.
- Tap + or Add.
- Choose one of the following:
- Enter a number, put in the number you want to block, and tap the block symbol.
- Select from Contacts, check the box for the contact you want to block, and tap the block symbol.
- Select from Call Log, check the box for the number you want to block, and tap the block symbol. (Your Call Protect and device call logs may differ because the app doesn’t log outgoing calls).
Keep in mind:
- You can’t block unknown numbers or callers who hide their caller IDs unless you have a Call Protect Plus subscription.
- Potential fraud calls are still automatically blocked. When private callers hide their numbers and the app flags those calls as fraud or spam, the calls display 111-111-1111.
- If your phone has a block list feature, the numbers you block in the AT&T Call Protect app won’t show on that list.
How to unblock callers
- Open the app and go to Call Log.
- Tap the Blocked icon at the top (it’s a red circle with a slash through it).
- Find and tap on the call that was blocked.
- Select Unblock.
Protect yourself with AT&T
If you’re an eligible AT&T customer, hopefully, this post helped you understand the advantages of using AT&T Call Protect and how to use the personal block list feature. If you want to learn more about an AT&T app that can help with your mobile security, check out this post on the AT&T Mobile Security app.
This article is AT&T sponsored content written by Matt Johnsen, a TechBuzz contributor. The statements in this article are his own and don’t necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of AT&T.